Winter Seminar participants will travel on December 27th and 31st. Participants from the West Coast may depart on December 26th depending on flight availability. Winter Seminar Tzevet members will need to arrive in New York for Chalutz by the evening of December 23rd.
Travel Costs are included in the cost of Winter Seminar:
The cost of Winter Seminar is:
*please note that the cost for Canadian and American movement members is different in order to take into account the drop of the Canadian dollar.
Americans: 630 USD
Canadians: 465 USD
Hagshama Seminar participants – please contact the Central Office
Travel Changes and Cancellations:
If a participant withdraws from the program or alters their travel plans after travel arrangements have been paid for by the Central office, the participant is responsible for the costs incurred.
- If you are traveling to or from Washington DC, New York or Philadelphia, we will coordinate an HDNA bus that will pick up participants at specific locations. Exact time and location are to be announced. Participants are responsible for getting themselves to one of the HDNA buses.
- If you would like to travel by ground transportation from another location, we will either coordinate a carpool or book bus tickets for you. You will be contacted individually.
- If you would like to drive, you must contact the Central Office beforehand to confirm that gas to and from the seminar will be reimbursed. Please be aware that you may be asked to drive other participants to or from the seminar. Habonim Dror cannot be held liable for damages incurred when driving to or from seminar.
Options for Flights:
- If you fly on both of our travel days – Dec. 27 and Dec. 31:
- We will book your flights.
- If flight costs are substantially higher for itineraries that have a different city of origin than city of return, participants may be held liable for a portion of the difference in cost from a roundtrip itinerary. Participants will be contacted if this is the case.
- We will only book your flight to the destination where you live, go to school, or work.
b) You may opt to book your own flight and be reimbursed according to the reimbursement policy below.
- Participants booking their own flights are responsible for their own transportation to and from one of the pickup/dropoff locations for Winter Seminar.
You must book and pay for your own flights to and from seminar, and be reimbursed according to our Reimbursement Policy below, if:
- You are flying on a day that is not one of our travel days (ie. you want to come to the East Coast early or stay longer)
- You are travelling to a destination other than where you live, go to school, or work
- You register late
- You need to fly on either Dec. 27 or Dec. 31 but do not need a second flight
- Participants booking their own flights are responsible for their own transportation to and from one of the pickup/dropoff locations for the HDNA bus to Winter Seminar.
If you register late for Winter Seminar (after October 29th) you will be responsible for booking your own flights to and from Winter Seminar and will be reimbursed in accordance with the reimbursement policy above. (Please note there is a 25 USD late fee after October 29, and a 50 USD late fee after November 19).
- Roundtrip flights:
- Regardless of travel dates, reimbursement for roundtrip flight travel expenses will be given up to the amount that the flight would cost if booked on October 30, 2019 for the travel dates referenced above (so long as the city of origin and final destination are the places where you live, go to school, or work).
- Multi-city itineraries:
- For itineraries that have a different city of origin than city of return (ex. you are coming from Montreal before seminar but are returning to Vancouver after seminar), reimbursements will be determined on a case by case basis. Please be in contact with the Mazkirut Artzit.
3. Ground Transportation:
- For participants traveling by bus or train, travel expenses will be given up to the amount that the itinerary would cost if booked on October 30, 2019 (so long as the city of origin or final destination is the place where you live, go to school, or work).
- For participants driving, reimbursements for gas will be given on a case by case basis. This must be discussed with the Central Office before October 30, 2019.
Booking Your Own Ticket
Participants will not be supervised until they arrive in Philadelphia the morning of December 26th and will be responsible for navigating their flights and layovers en route. All participants will be met by a Habonim Dror representative wearing a chultza tnua at the PHL baggage claim for their flight. Because of financial constraints, we are often unable to book direct flights and we cannot guarantee that participants will be flying with other Habonim members.
If you are concerned about your or your child’s ability to successfully navigate a layover, there are two options:
- You can contact Deborah Secular at the Habonim Dror Central Office at 718.789.1796 to discuss your concerns before October 29th. If you contact us after October 29th, we cannot guarantee that the flight will not have been booked. If you elect to modify a booked reservation, you will be responsible for the costs incurred.
- You may also opt to book the flight yourself. Habonim Dror will reimburse up to the cost of the flight we would have booked for you on October 30th.