Travel Dates: December 25th and 30th
- Participants from the West Coast may depart on December 24th depending on flight availability.
- Winter Seminar Tzevet members will need to arrive for Chalutz by December 22nd.
Pick up and Drop off Locations and Times are to be announced.
- If you are booking your own flights:
- Arrive to PHL no later than 1:00pm on December 25th
- Depart from PHL no earlier than 4:30pm on December 30th.
- If you are booking your own bus/train tickets:
- Arrive in time to get to either the Philadelphia Airport pick up at 1:00pm, or the Gratz College pick up at 1:30pm on December 25th.
- Leave enough time to get to your departure location. Buses are scheduled to arrive at the Philadelphia Airport at 1:30pm and at Gratz College at 12:30pm, but due to potential traffic we advise you to leave no earlier than 4:30pm on December 30th.
If you have further questions, please feel free to call us at 718-789-1796.
Travel Changes and Cancellations:
- Once the registration deadline (October 29th) has passed, we cannot guarantee that the destinations can be changed.
- If a participant withdraws from the program or alters their travel plans after travel arrangements have been paid for by the Central office, the participant is responsible for the costs incurred.
Please read the Travel Policy Document for all information regarding transportation options, booking and reimbursement.
Withdrawal from the Program:
If for some reason, you must withdraw from Winter Seminar, please be in contact with the Central Office immediately. If a participant withdraws from the program after travel arrangements have been paid for by the Central office, the participant is responsible for the costs incurred. If a participant withdraws after November 19, they will be responsible for the full cost of the seminar, regardless of whether transportation has been booked for them. If the cost incurred by the Central Office for the participant’s transportation exceeds the seminar tuition, the participant will be responsible for the full transportation cost, not the seminar tuition.
A late fee of $150 will be added to the seminar costs if the participant registers after October 29th. Participants who register late will be responsible for booking your own flights to and from Veida and will be reimbursed in accordance with the reimbursement policy described in the Transportation Policy Document. Late registration will only be accepted until November 19th.
In order to complete your registration, you will need the following things:
- A copy, front and back, of medical insurance card
- A copy of your immunization records
- A printed, signed and scanned copy of the Participant Contract for Veida 2015
- Name and phone number of a non-parent/guardian emergency contact
- Name and phone number of your dentist/orthodontist
- Name and phone number of your doctor
NOTE: We are unable to accept participants who have outstanding debts to Habonim Dror, unless they are on an up-to-date payment plan established with the Central Office. If you have any questions about this, please call Howie Stanger at 718-789-1796.
Habonim Dror has a modest scholarship fund to help participants with greater financial need. While we will do our best to meet the needs of participants and families, we strongly encourage you to seek scholarships outside of HDNA. Local synagogues, Hillels, Jewish Federations and other local community organizations can be a great place to look. In addition, please contact your local Shaliach or Ken leadership to find out what scholarship opportunities are available locally. If you feel that financial concerns may stand in the way of you attending Winter Seminar, please contact the Central Office immediately. We are extremely dedicated to helping participants find the money they need to be able to attend. If you have any questions about scholarships, please contact Howie Stanger at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 718-789-1796.
NACHSHONIM Scholarship Available:
$50 will be deducted from the tuition of the first 15 nachshonim who opt in to this scholarship on their registration! (Registration must be complete in order to qualify).
The scholarship application deadline has passed. Please contact the office for more information.